Sunday, February 15, 2009

Favre LOVES vicodin


As someone somewhere said someplace, "Brett Favre has retired from unretiring." Not a bad way of putting it. For the last few years, at the end of every season, Favre has played the obnoxious "Will I, Won't I" game with his retirement. A few years ago I somewhat cared. It wasn't that big of a deal even then because he was no longer one of the top QBs in the NFL. In 2005, he led the league with 29 interceptions; he threw 18 interceptions in 2006, 15 in 2007, and a league-leading 22 this past year with the Jets. He has been good but not great. Therefore, I don't really care and want him to go away. Even though it has nothing to do with his retirement, I feel like it should still be mentioned that Favre was addicted to painkillers for some time, and his abuse most likely played a major role in his consecutive games started streak that everyone goes googoogaga over. I guess people finally became suspicious after his "I just had my wisdom teeth pulled last week" excuse didn't seem to hold up after 5 years. I absolutely mentioned the painkillers story just so I could make that joke.

In other news, the Aubrey Coleman face stomp incident has really fired up the Arizona Wildcats. We came back from 15 down in that game after the "accident," then have reeled off another 5 in a row, including wins over a ranked Washington team and #6 UCLA yesterday. Hopefully this can throw the Cats back in the national spotlight enough so that Erin Andrews could work one of our games.

And now, a great video tribute to Ms. Andrews featuring one of the most awesomely cheesy 80's songs ever: "She's A Beauty" by The Tubes.

No comments: